Welcome to the Castro Valley Track Club
Our Mission Statement:
- Our focus is the athlete’s self-improvement. We measure success by self-improvement, which comes from PERSISTENCE and commitment to attending workouts regularly and by competing at our meets.
- We strive to give positive feedback to our athletes, teaching proper form, training, and competition.
- We focus on the best possible individual, self-improvement performances.
- We believe in realistic, “stretch” goals agreed upon by the athlete and the head coach.
- We expect regular, serious training and competition from our athletes.
- We build FUN in what we do, and build a sense of family inside the Castro Valley Track Club.
- We expect our athletes to support one another, and be positive at all times.
- We support our athletes’ school track programs. All athletes must join, train with, and compete for their school team. We help our athletes advance to the next level of competition (from middle school to varsity in high school and at high school to All League, State Meet, and, if it is their goal, to a college team.)
- Through our high school mentor coach program, we help our older athletes mentor our younger athletes and learn leadership skills. We value and support both the East Bay community in general and the Castro Valley community in particular.
The CASTRO VALLEY TRACK CLUB was formed in 2001 and incorporated in January of 2009. The Club is both a USA Track and Field Club (Pacific Association Club #0010) and also a Road Runners Club of America. We train and compete for track and field and for cross country. Youth membership is open for ages 6 through age 18, with tryouts required for those under age 10.
Athletes can join at any point in our season. Our program is year round. Please see the JOIN page for a letter and forms for joining and for information about practices and meets and costs.
Email Coach Jim Phillips at email@example.com for the current times, days, and location, of practices, as well as the cost to join.
Follow us by "LIKING" us on facebook at Castro Valley Track Club here.We post pixs and announcements on our facebook page.
Our members are in the news!
Click the links to read newspaper articles about the Castro Valley Track Club and its members!